企業/Company：Domestic automotive company that has manufacturing centers worldwide.
勤務地/ Location：Saitama, Saitama Prefecture
職務概要/ Job Content：
- Manager of newly formed Cost Engineering function in Purchasing Department.
- As a key member of the Purchasing organization, the Cost Engineering Practitioner will be responsible for performing complex financial and operational analysis to support the purchasing organization in meeting best cost.
- Analyzes supplier proposals and develops cost comparisons to support supplier selection process
- Establishes reasonableness of cost ("should cost") and makes recommendations for cost positions to support supplier negotiations
- Develops process and procedures to improve work function
- Co-operates in Make/Buy Decision Making Process
- Compiles and analyzes statistical cost data from databases, tables, and indexes
- Uses industry techniques and practices to conduct fact-finding (audits) to establish fair and reasonable pricing positions and negotiation ranges
- Leads and participates in cost reduction events with suppliers
- Leads and drives team members towards achieving best cost through best practices.
- Engineering degree would be desirable
- Experience in the automotive sector and in procurement is required
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing cost engineering function is preferred
- Able to quickly analyze, compare and interpret detailed and sometimes limited information and make sound and accurate conclusions