- No.1 Procurement position in Japan
- Opportunity to understand Global Procurement with key counties in Europe and APAC, drive global strategy
- Fully responsible for Japan Procurement and take ownership of your initiative from start to end
- Good work life balance, work from home, stable and growing industry
- For those who cannot move to Kansai, possible option to have travel allowance such as Shinkansen (to be discussed further)
Tokyo, with frequent trips to Osaka. Housing support if required, including shinkansen.
This is the number 1 position in Japan for Procurement which is fully accountable for all Procurement activities, business partner with the CFO, advisor to the Global CPO and International Procurement.
You will be in charge of creating, setting, monitoring and driving the short term to longer term strategies through to execution and lead by example to your Procurement Division of Japan and Global.
You will be in charge of delivering best results at the highest standards for the company locally, globally and for your teams.
This will also require a lead with excellent communication and relationship building experience.
- Train, lead and develop all Procurement teams and categories such as IT, Marketing, R&D, Consulting, Event, Vendor Management and others
- Work closely with Global Leaders for the development and leading of new long term strategic plans as Head of Procurement of Japan
- In charge and responsible for all Procurement activities and accountable for monitoring and reporting of compliance on framework contracts within the company
- Close collaboration and communication with BU Heads, including Marketing & Finance
- Report results of Procurement performance regularly against pre-agreed KPIs
- Reports to Japan CFO, Global CPO and International Head. Key communication with: Europe HQ, Senior VP, Global counterpart business leaders in Europe and category leaders around the world
- University Degree/Bachelor’s Degree and MBA, a recognized Procurement qualification is a plus
- Experience in Procurement in different industries, direct and indirect experience in a global organization
- Strong leadership and ability to operate across local and global teams and categories, constantly improving the organization’s capability, by monitoring, training and sourcing strategies
- Understand the financial vision of the CFO
- Good communication abilities with Senior management, focusing on issues critical to senior leaders
- Ability to develop close connections with key stakeholders, driving strategic conversations and meetings towards the decision-making phase